Mission, Philosophy, & HistoryThe Summit Prep
The mission of The Summit Preparatory School is to prepare learners for success by providing a progressive education in a uniquely challenging and supportive environment.
Inspire life-long learners.
The Summit engages each learner in reaching his or her highest potential. Summit learners develop curiosity, creativity, and critical-thinking skills, establishing a strong intellectual and social-emotional foundation. Collaboration with others and effective communication of independent thought are modeled and encouraged. Summit learners are partners in the process of discovering and constructing knowledge with educators providing a balance of autonomy and structure, ensuring students feel both challenged and supported. The Summit welcomes parents as active participants in the learning community.
The Summit Learner Profile
- Successfully meets challenges
- Solves problems creatively
- Thinks critically and analytically
- Displays intellectual curiosity
- Collaborates effectively
- Develops growth mindset
- Demonstrates strong values, character
- Exhibits strong communication skills
- Exhibits independence
- Demonstrates positive leadership
- Pursues lifelong learning