The Raven FundSupporting The Summit Prep means supporting our students & their future.
Raven Fund 2016–2017
The Summit Prep’s Annual Campaign
The Summit is a special place in so many ways! Our strong sense of community and caring inspires and encourages us in all we do. We are an all-in, go-for-it community. We believe that active participation in all things inspires us to find out what we are capable of. This is never more evident than when our community comes together to support The Raven Fund, formally known as The Summit Prep’s Annual Campaign. Year in and year out, our generous parents, Board of Trustees, faculty, staff, and friends of The Summit participate in The Raven Fund, enabling the school to support its talented and diverse student body, preparing them to live purposeful and fulfilling lives and to make a difference in the world.
How It’s Used and Why it Matters
The Summit, like other independent schools, must raise funds every year to help meet operating costs, since tuition alone never covers the full cost of an independent school education. Through this support, The Summit is able to:
Attract and retain the most talented faculty
Provide classroom and learning resources to afford students best-practice learning opportunities
Maintain an attractive, welcoming, and safe environment
Enhance art, music, physical education, Spanish language, and sports programs
Each year, The Raven Fund contributes approximately 2% of The Summit’s operating budget. That’s money that will be spent this academic year, in support of students who are here now and the learning activities they enjoy today. All members of The Summit community – present and past – are encouraged to give their “best gift” to The Raven Fund each year.
This year, I encourage you to show your support for all the wonderful educators, opportunities and learning experiences The Summit represents for its students. So please give. Every contribution, small or large, helps!
*We encourage families to consider a monthly gift. For example, a monthly gift of $50 for every month between December and May would make a total donation of $300 towards The Raven Fund. Contact Vince Currao for help in setting up this monthly donation option, or current families click here to add a monthly donation to your Summit account.
Your gift is tax deductible to the fullest extent allowable by law.
How Do I Initiate a Matching Gift from My Company?
- As an employee benefit many corporations match their staffs’ charitable contributions. Matching gifts might allow you to double or triple your gift to the school because the corporate matching gift is counted toward your total giving.
- After confirming that your employer makes matching gifts, determine the procedures for securing the gift and inform the Development Office. Typically, you will obtain a matching gift form to send in with your contribution. We then submit the form to the company which sends the check back to the school.
Total Pledged to Date
How Do I Give to the Raven Fund?
- Mail: Send your donation or pledge information to The Summit Preparatory School at 2155 W. Chesterfield Blvd., Springfield, MO 65807. Please make a note that your gift is for the Raven Fund.
- Credit Card by Phone: Call the school at 417.869.8077 to make a contribution by credit card.
- In Person: Visit us at school to make your gift in person.
- Stock Gifts: A gift of stock saves two ways. You avoid capital gains tax on the increased value and you receive a deduction for the full market value of the stock at the time you make the gift. Please email or call Vince Currao, Summit Development Officer, to let us know that a stock gift is being arranged.
- Pledge: You may pledge a gift to the Raven Fund and make installment payments arranged with the Development Office to be paid in full by June 30, 2017.