Please visit the Snow Day page of the first grade blog for snow and winter related educational activities. Listed below are a few more suggestions of optional activities.
- Write a LAD Fair entry. A few category suggestions and descriptions are included:
- Media Review – A critical report/evaluation of a book, movie, play, CD, etc. Should include a brief summary of the work, a description of its strengths and weaknesses, opinion of the work, and evidence supporting writer’s opinions.
- Book Report – Besides the author and title, should include a brief synopsis of the book, an overview of character, setting and point of view, topic and theme, the writer’s reaction to the book and direct quotations from the book to support general statements.
- Essay with Original Photos – Short fiction or non-fiction work that deals with one subject. Original photos (may be digital) should accompany and reflect the essay. (No computer graphics or Internet photos.)
- Practice for the LAD Spelling Bee. First grade will hold an optional class spelling bee to determine one representative to participate in the LAD Spelling Bee. More information will follow in coming weeks. LAD Spelling Bee information, rules, and word lists can be found at the links below:
- Master one addition and one subtraction skill on IXL (categories B and D).
- Read, take the quiz, and listen to two books on RazKids.