2020 Annual Campaign for the Raven Fund
The Summit Preparatory School of Southwest Missouri
The Summit is a special place in so many ways! Our sense of community and caring inspires and encourages us in all we do.
We believe that active participation in all things inspires us every day.
This is never more evident than when our community comes together to support The Annual Campaign for The Raven Fund.
Year in and year out, our generous parents, Board of Trustees, faculty, staff, and friends of The Summit participate in this campaign, enabling the school to support its talented and diverse student body, preparing them to live purposeful and fulfilling lives and to make a difference in the world.
How The Raven Fund is Used and Why it Matters
The Summit, like other independent schools, must raise funds every year to help meet operating costs, since tuition alone never covers the full cost of an independent school education. Through this support, The Summit is able to:
- Attract and retain the most talented faculty
- Provide classroom and learning resources to afford students best-practice learning opportunities
- Maintain an attractive, welcoming, and safe environment
- Enhance art, music, physical education, Spanish language, and sports programs
Each year, The Raven Fund helps underwrite The Summit’s operating budget. That’s money that will be spent this academic year, in support of students who are here now and the learning activities they enjoy today. All members of The Summit community – present and past – are encouraged to give their “best gift” to The Raven Fund each year.
This year, we encourage you to show your support for all the wonderful educators, opportunities and learning experiences The Summit represents for its students. So please give. Every contribution, small or large, helps!
We strongly encourage families to consider a monthly gift.
For example, a monthly gift of $50 for every month between January and July would make a total donation of $350 towards The Raven Fund.
Your gift is tax deductible to the fullest extent allowable by law.
The federal CARES Act has adjusted the tax filing regulations for 2020. As you know, The Summit is a 501C(3) nonprofit organization, and your contributions are tax-deductible. Below is some information from The National Council of Nonprofits:
The CARES Act creates a new above-the-line deduction (universal or non-itemizer deduction that applies to all taxpayers) for total charitable contributions of up to $300. The incentive applies to cash contributions made in 2020 and can be claimed on tax forms next year. Section 2204. The law also lifts the existing cap on annual contributions for those who itemize, raising it from 60 percent of adjusted gross income to 100 percent. For corporations, the law raises the annual limit from 10 percent to 25 percent.
If you have questions, feel free to contact Vince Currao, or consult your financial advisor.
How Do I Initiate a Matching Gift from My Company?
- As an employee benefit many corporations match their staffs’ charitable contributions. Matching gifts might allow you to double or triple your gift to the school because the corporate matching gift is counted toward your total giving.
- After confirming that your employer makes matching gifts, determine the procedures for securing the matching gift and inform the Development Office at The Summit. Typically, you will obtain a matching gift form your employer to send in with your contribution. The Summit then submits the form to your company, which sends the matching contribution to the school.