As a Summit Parent or Guardian, you are a member of the Summit Parent Organization (SPO). SPO was formed in 2007 as a link between parents, faculty, staff, and the Board of Trustees to enhance communication and foster a partnership to create the best learning environment possible.
To make this partnership successful, parents must play an active role at the school. To do this, SPO asks each family to volunteer four times throughout the school year to assist with the many fundraising and community events at The Summit.
SPO’s active parent involvement, along with faculty, staff, and the Board of Trustees, makes The Summit a truly inspiring place for children!
Questions: Rachel Rothwell, SPO President
2021-2022 SPO Executive Officers
- President: Rachel Rothwell
- VP Finance: Amanda Wheeler
- VP Communications: Ellen Chindlund
- VP Upper School: Shelley Beall
- VP Lower School: Tara Anderson-Arft
- Board of Trustees Representative: Rachel Gerken
- SCRIP Coordinator: Phil Isley
2021-2022 SPO Class Reps
- Early Learners: Davina Easter
- Kindergarten: Tess Hemphill
- 1st Grade: Kelsey Jenkins
- 2nd Grade: Annette Albert & Rachel Rothwell
- 3rd Grade: Tara Anderson-Arft
- 4th Grade: Roz Madden
- 5th Grade: Jamie Altrup
- 6th Grade: Nikki Keiper & Jennifer Black
- 7th Grade: Amanda Wheeler
- 8th Grade: Ellen Chindlund
- High School: Liliana Swinney & Shelley Beall