As students move further into the year and deeper into their study of mathematics, they sometimes encounter material that is challenging them in new ways. When this happens there is the opportunity to demonstrate a fixed or growth mindset.
In class we are encouraging a growth mindset for students to be able to overcome challenges and see them as opportunities. One of the ways we encourage persevering through challenges is finding new ways to learn and practice the material. Here are several sites that offer additional opportunities to deepen understanding and see material in new ways.
- https://www.ixl.com/signin/thesummitprep (sign in to record progress and see recommendations and skill plans related to class material or search by topic)
- https://www.khanacademy.org/login (sign in with the school google account and then search by topic, class, or grade level math)
- https://www.mathsisfun.com/ (use the search feature to find topics to study or practice)
- https://www.ck12.org/student/ (scroll to math and click on the class or grade level to access interactive textbooks with instruction and practice)
- https://www.mathantics.com/ (videos about a wide range of math topics-presented with some humor)
As always, teachers are also willing to meet with students during a planned before and/or after school time in addition to lunch/recess.